Other Leadership Workshops
1. Picking the Gold Medal Team: Turning Influencers into Student Leaders
2. What Kanye West Could Teach you about Public Speaking
Beyonce Always On Beat: Keys to Being a Versatile Leader
The hashtag #BeyoncéAlwaysOnBeat hit the Internet showcasing Bey’s incredible versatility. Through this workshop with the help of imagery and video content from Beyoncé, students will get insight on versatile leadership and specific ways to manage different tasks with balance. Students will learn how to wear different hats and help expand their vision, goals and audience.
1. Applies awareness, understanding, and appreciation of cultural and human differences to personal and professional situations
2. Assesses, articulates, and acknowledges personal skills, abilities, and growth areas
3. Exercises purposeful decision-making
Making Yourself (and Club) a Better Brand
One way that you and your club or organization can leave a mark is by building upon your brand. Jay Z has developed himself into one of the top and most versatile brands in the world today. Students will learn specific techniques on how to improve their club or organization’s visibility and impact on their campus. Students will also learn how to improve their own personal leadership brand by taking a deeper look into the nuances of branding that helped make Jay Z successful.
1. Discover how professional branding techniques can improve your club and organization
2. Identify ways to effectively market yourself as a leader
3. Develop strategies that will better assist you in communicating goals and initiatives
Leadership Typologies According to Scandal
Different types of leadership styles exist in various club, organization and work environments. Advantages and disadvantages exist within each leadership style. Through this presentation participants will be introduced to various leadership typologies and learn about how the characteristics for those types can help in personal, organzational issues
1. Identifying and discussing key leadership skills, traits, and styles
2. Learn how to adapt their leadership style towards actual situations
3. Students will learn to critically self analyze
What The Elements of Hip Hop Can Teach You About Effective Leadership
Description: Hip hop culture recently turned 40 years old. At its origin the five elements of hip hop, (Rap, DJ’ing, Breakdancing, Graffiti art and Knowledge) were defining components that addressed issues of the community. They served as ways to build camaraderie, develop voices for the voiceless and to create something from nothing. The aforementioned elements will serve as a leadership model. Attendees will understand how to work with and communicate with diverse student leaders. Attendees will better understand their own personal leadership type. This workshop is extremely interactive with a heavy dose of hip hop participation.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of relationships between diversity, inequality, social, and economic
2. Cultivate a sense of self-awareness through identifying a leadership vision, mission, style and values.
3. Increased understanding of cultural knowledge, skills, awareness and encounters
Leadership Master Class
The Leadership Master Class disrupts every concept of leadership you’ve ever known before. This session is about investigating the challenges that come with being a leader. The uneasy question will be asked and eventually answered. Students will breakdown their traditional definitions in an effort to reveal alternative outlooks to ideas they have always believed to be true. The concept of leadership will be broken down, rebuilt and restructured to its most effective point. The Trillest of Classes is in Session!
1. Cultivate a sense of self-awareness through identifying a leadership vision, mission, style and values.
2. Students will examine their own and others’ intrinsic and extrinsic motivations as leaders.
3. Students will gain a greater understanding of their own personal identities and how their identities shape their leadership.
MrJeffDess is available to facilitate a workshop or presentation at your next conference or retreat on the following topics:
Leadership Development, Networking, Diversity Education, Empowerment, Multiculturalism, Social Media, Branding,